American Parks Trail - end Rapid City, Preview 2022
American Parks Trail – End Rapid City, Preview 2022
A trip for the brave, delve into the Wild West as you make your away across a rugged land famous for cowboys and rodeo. You’ll come face-to-face with some monumental figures, while a day at Deadwood will teach you about the fascinating days of notable figures including Wild Bill Hickock and Calamity Jane. You’ll witness the wild charms of Yellowstone National Park after hours as you stay the night in the park’s popular lodges, while All-American breakfasts and hearty ranch food will keep you fuelled throughout your journey.
- Jackson: At 18:00, join your Travel Director for a Welcome Dinner with wine, where you will meet your fellow guests.
- Clearmont: Here you’ll enjoy an All-American ranch style Highlight Dinner with wine.
- Custer: Join your Travel Director and newfound friends for a Celebration Dinner, as you reflect on your adventure across the wide-open spaces of America’s national parks.
- Dining Summary: 7 Breakfasts (B) and 3 Dinners with wine (DW).
- Crazy Horse: You’ll start by viewing Crazy Horse Memorial, which is dedicated to all Native Americans. An exclusive Insight Experience awaits as you are taken up to the 641 feet (195 metres) long and 563 feet (172 metres) tall sculpture to stand face to face with the world’s largest mountain carving.
Top Rated Highlights
- Yellowstone NP: Continue to Yellowstone, the world’s first National Park. Known for its unique geothermal activity, spectacular landscapes and abundant wildlife, you’ll experience Wyoming in all its glory.
- Yellowstone: Catch the renowned colourful bubbling mud pots and observe Old Faithful geyser shooting water over 120 feet (37 metres) into the air. The Upper Geyser Basin boasts the highest concentration of spouting geysers, hot springs and steaming fumaroles in the world.
- Cody: Explore the award-winning Buffalo Bill Center of the West, known for its excellent Western art collection and natural history.
- UCross: Spend your morning with included horseback riding (8) in your beautiful surroundings.
- Black Hills: View the awe-inspiring Devils tower, a butte that protrudes from the landscape and is considered sacred by the Lakota and other tribes.
- Deadwood: Historical Wild West figures such as Wild Bill Hickok and Calamity Jane called Deadwood home. Learn about the Gold Rush and the town’s notable residents aboard Kevin Costner’s Original Deadwood Tour.
- Black Hills: View iconic Mount Rushmore National Memorial where carvings of Presidents Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln and Roosevelt overlook the landscape.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Arrive in Salt Lake City.
On to Jackson, Wyoming.
Yellowstone National Park.
Geysers and Colourful Mudpots at Yellowstone.
The Ranch at Ucross.
Devils Tower into the Black Hills.
Custer and the Wild, Wild West.
The Mountain Monuments of the Black Hills of South Dakota.
Depart Rapid City.